St. Margaret's Church Historic Site
St. Margaret's Church was built in 1907 and is currently the oldest church building still in use, south, and east of Medicine Hat. In the early 1940s, the church was used as a schoolhouse, and in 1992 it received an extensive restoration. While the church was originally built as the Church of England (Anglican/Episcopalian), it is now operated on a non-denominational basis, administered by a non-profit society. The small church, which seats 32, is a living memorial to all those who helped settle the area. The church is kept open year-round and attracts nearly 1,600 visitors each year from around the world. Interdenominational services are offered on occasion.