The Brewery Gardens was originally a disposal site for used coal ashes used in the Brewing process. The Brewery was commissioned in 1950 and gifted to the City of Lethbridge in 1990 when the Brewery closed. The area can be accessed through the Indian Battle Park Trail system. The Brewery Gardens celebrates the High Level Bridge which is the longest and highest trestle bridge in the world at 96 meters high and 1623 meters long. The Bridge was built in 1909, using 12,436 tonnes of steel, 328,000 rivets, and 7,600 gallons of paint. The Gardens not only host beautiful seasonal garden displays but has one of the most scenic views in the city.